Thursday Nov. 10, 2005
Convened at 7 p.m.
Attending: Bill Crosier, Cheryl Crosier, Don Cook, Brenda Fackler, Guest Tory, Jon Axford, Pokey Anderson, Rochelle Brackman, Ted Weisgal, Bob Carter, C. Lee Taylor, David Courtney, Don Serbutra, Ivan Espinosa, Kris Graham, Raul Espinosa, Ron Graham, Willy Simmons
Convened at 7 p.m.
Attending: Bill Crosier, C. Lee Taylor, Sec’ty, David Courtney, Don Cook, Jim Rine, Kris Graham, Margaret Davis, Ron Graham, Sherry Glover, Willie Simmons, Brenda Fackler, Cheryl Crosier, Dennis Carter, Don Seributra, Jon Axford, Lee Demers, Mark Lacy, Sarah Gonzales, Ted Weisgal, Zhaleh
Call to order 7:10 p.m. Attending: Amber Goodwin; Christine Morshedi; Anjellea Gabriel; Bill Crosier; Bob Carter; Adam Bray; C. Lee Taylor; Carlos Sachitano; Carol Keene; Kate Hyme; Lee Demers;David Courtney; Margaret Davis; Charli Stewart; Randy Scott; Sarah Gonzales; Tami Halphen; Willie Simmons Introductions – Sharing PAA involvement with Decade of Non-Violence Houston - Peace Week - Carole Keene presented flyer promoting Peace Week 2005 beginning Sept. 17 with an all day conference at TSU and culminating September 24 with an awards dinner. Enlisted PAA to assist promoting and participating. Minutes from June 9, 2005 Meeting - C. Lee Taylor presented past minutes. Moved and approved as amended noting Lee Demers’ presence Treasurer’s report C. Lee Taylor presented on behalf of Brenda Fackler with ending balance of $716.95- moved and approved as submitted Discussion/Updates
- Communication workshop for PAA, July 16 - Bill Crosier reports. Workshop to be held at Crosiers
- Distribution of Iraq Notebook - Bill Crosier reports. Revised and updated Notebook ready in month or so
- Peak Oil Mini-Conference - meeting at West Gray Café, 7 p.m. Sunday, July 17.
- Justice for Janitors Campaign- Adam Bray and Amber Goodwin report. Encourage PAA participation in Justice for Janitors meeting, Sunday, July 16 at 2 p.m. at St. Anne’s
- PAA involvement with Decade of Non-Violence Houston- Carole Keene Peace Week beginning September 17, 2005 with all day conference at TSU, concluding with awards dinner on Sept. 24, 2005.
- Op-ed articles- Charlie Mauch and Kate Storm wrote an op-ed on the Supreme Court nominations for submission; want to create writing group that will submit letters to editor every 3 months e.g. to McAllen Monitor, Galveston News, Houston Press
- Halliburton Protest and the HPD- HPD meeting planned in August as follow-up to public forum on Halliburton protest held at UH in June after 5-18 protest
- November election candidates/Candidate Forum - Check out stepup.org. Decision not to host a candidate forum.
- Dept of Peace - Anjellea reports. DOP House Party fundraiser slated for 7 p.m. Saturday, July 23 at Kathy Kidd’s house. $10 donation requested with screening of The Day the Earth Stood Still; August 12-13 DOP training workshop with Lynn McMullen, DOP national coordinator, in Spicewood, Texas; Sept. 10-12 National DOP lobbying in Washington D.C.
- Impeach Meet-Up - Charlie Mauch has reactivated group and received over 100 sign-ups to participate.
- After Downing Street- Bill Crosier reports. Moved and approved PAA endorses 3rd Anniversary of Downing Street Memo on Saturday, July 23, 2005
- Election Assessment Hearings- EAH produced testimony and reports for submission to Carter/Baker Federal Elections Commission
- Grassroots Campaign Skillshare 2005 - Christine Morshedi reports. Workshop devoted to campaign skills scheduled 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, August 27-28 at Super Happy Fun Land, 2610 Ashland St in the Heights. For details and to register: email
Internal Activities: Fun Committee - Needs committee chair; will post to web and see if someone will sign up. Adjourn 9 p.m.
Call to order 7:00 p.m.; Leisure Learning Unlimited, Room 6
Attending: Anjellea Gabriel, Anne del Prado, Bill Crosier, Brenda Fackler, C. Lee Taylor, Carlos Sachitano, Carondelet Dember, Cheryl Crosier Darek Brzesk (sp?), David Courtney, Don Cook, Heather Smith, Kip Humphrey, Kris Graham, Matt Malone, Pokey Anderson, Randy Scott, Rochelle Brackman, Ron Graham, Sarah Gonzales, Shelly Glover, Stan Merriman, Tami Halpern, Willie Simmons
Anjellea Gabriel, chair
Call to order 7:10 p.m.; Leisure Learning Unlimited Room 6
Attending: Anjellea Gabriel, Antonio Salazar, Bill Crosier, C. Lee Taylor, Charles Lindahl, Cheryl Crosier, Darek Brzesk, David Courtney, Don Cook, Joseph Kaye, Lee Demers, Margaret Davis, Mike McCollum, Randy Scott, Rochelle Brackman, Sarah Gonzales, Scott Parkin, Ted Weisgal, Willie Simmons
Thursday, April 14, 2005 Call to order 7:10 p.m.
Introductions – Sharing
- Distribution of Iraq Notebook/Cuaderno de Irak (INCI)
- Monday, April 18: Cost of War film
- Thursday, April 21 War Profiteers town hall meeting MECCA
- Friday, April 22 Miller Theater Wizard of Oz
- Saturday-Sunday, April 23-24 & Friday-Sunday, April 30-May 1 International Festival
- Tuesday, April 26 Rothko Chapel lecture (Warrior to Peacemaker)
- Sunday, May 1 Asian/Pacific American Heritage Festival
- Sunday, May 1 May Day Fete: venue??
- Saturday, May 7 Cinco de Mayo Parade Minute Maid Park
- Baseball games
- Saturday, May 14th Art Car Parade: load on KPFT & Mama’s Brigade floats
- Wednesday, May 18 Halliburton Protest
Scott Parkin with Houston Global Awareness spoke about Halliburton Protest Wed., May 18 Note: PAA endorsed the HGA May 18 Halliburton Protest via email consensus earlier Requested PAA participation in town hall meeting at Mecca on Thursday, 4-21 and direct action training.
Minutes for the February 13, 2005 Planning Meeting
for PAA's Mar. 19 Event for the 2nd Anniversary of the Invasion of Iraq
The meeting began at 5:10 P.M. at Ninfa's on Post Oak Blvd. Bill and Cheryl Crosier, Kathleen Kain, Charles Lindahl, Karen Williams, Randy Scott, Lee Loe, Don Cook, Jo Ann Wolf, Cary Stanford, Rochelle Brackman, and Jim & Madeleine Williams were in attendance.
Leisure Learning Center, Rm 6
Meeting was called to order by Bill Crossier at 7 p.m.
- A co-treasurer was elected - JoAnn Wolf, Marie Henry has changed jobs and won't be able to come to most of the meetings
- Need to raise approx. $300 this month primarily for printing purposes
- We hope to go live with the dynamic website for the PAA on Monday, Feb. 14 (optimistic)
- Need to form a web content committee for generating website content. We will poll the group at the next PAA meeting. Please be thinking about how you'd like to contribute. To keep this from becoming an overwhelming task for any few people in the PAA, we can distribute the load by...
Example - we can setup people to manage just the events calendars or...
we can setup groups for people who want to keep up with legislative activities - whatever the PAA deems important for us to do
HTML skills are NOT required to participate - they are a plus, but not required. Please join us in our efforts - everyone is welcome. Send email to escramble('slindahl','rounder-graphics.com');">Sarah Gonzales if you're interested in joining the web committee.